‘To develop healthy, capable and resilient young athletes, while attaining widespread, inclusive, sustainable and enjoyable participation and success for all levels of individual athletic achievement.’
The Physical Education curriculum is designed to be accessible for all pupils.
We hope that in each lesson every child will gain the opportunity to learn new skills and concepts, to take part in some vigorous physical activity and to enjoy themselves.
Each week pupils receive both games and PE lessons.
WHY is Sport and Physical Activity so important?
• Physically active students perform better in school than their inactive peers
• Improvements in general motor skills, functional fitness and physiological health
• Improvements in self-esteem, body image and mood
• Improvements in persistence, resilience and initiative.
• Improvements in community cohesion, teamwork and positive relationships
• Improvements in cognitive functioning, memory and academic performance
In summary, the Queen’s College PE Department wishes to:
OFFER – Provision and quality coaching for all
ENGENDER – Enthusiasm and a lifelong love of sport and physical activity with all
EXPECT – High standards from all